KL Radio would like to give DJs the opportunity to showcase their talents to a worldwide audience, courtesy of our “In The Mix” shows.
Every Friday and Saturday night, we will broadcast a one-off show or DJ mix, of any genre from a guest DJ or presenter.
No copyright restrictions!
On a Friday, there are now 8 x 60 slots available, while on a Saturday, there are between 4 and 8 more hour-long slots up for grabs!
While we prefer live shows, you can also send in a pre-recorded show or DJ set, of 60 mins in length.
As a DJ on “In the Mix”, you will also have your own ‘Artist’ page on the KL Radio website, in which you can embed up to 3 YouTube videos, as well as recording of other mixes via Mixcloud, Soundcloud and so on, should you wish. We will also embed recordings of your shows on KL Radio here and in our Facebook groups at http://www.houseparty.klradio.online and http://www.inthemix.klradio.online
You can Share the show on social media, and encourage friends and followers to listen in via our website, our webapp, on Alexa and on myTuner.
If this is something that excites you, fill in the application form below, and we’ll be in touch to confirm and arrange your mix broadcast.
There are some FAQs below, but if you want to ask anything else, please contact us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Sounds awesome! How do I get involved?
It’s pretty easy to get involved – just complete the form below, and then submit it.
Once we hear from you, we’ll get in touch to arrange a suitable time and date, and also to provide you with a secure link to submit your mix, as well as a link to some KL Radio DJ drops that we’d like you to use.
Then, you just prepare and record your mix, and send it to us, preferably using the secure link that we have sent to you, or by sending the file via WeTransfer to email@example.com
How much does it cost? Do I get paid?
It’s completely FREE to have your mix played on KL Radio – we hope that you will help us to share the word on social media too, both before, during and after your mix is being broadcast – we will do the same for your social media on our platforms.
You don’t get any payment though – as this is a non-commercial station, no-one receives payment, not even the owner!
What equipment do I need?
If you’re already doing live streams, the chances are that you have all of the equipment that you need.
If you’re submitting a pre-recorded mix, you should be able to record via your DJing software (if that is what you are using), or free software applications line BUTT or Audacity.
You can find out more information about what you need here.
I'm ready - how do I sign up?
To get involved, please submit the short application form at the bottom of this page – then we’ll get you registered, and we can arrange a date for your set to be broadcast, and we can also make additional arrangements for server testing if you are doing a live show. But before you submit the form, please read the small print below:
- Mixes should be no more than 60 minutes in length – sets shorter than 60 minutes will not be considered, and any which are longer will be truncated to ‘fit in’ with the scheduling around it.
- Sets should not contain any profanities/explicit material
- ALL music contained in your set must be owned by you, and not from a streaming source, or be pirated – KL RADIO DOES NOT ENDORSE THE BREACH OF COPYRIGHT, AND REMINDS DJs OF THE POTENTIAL FOR A £10,000 FINE AND POSSIBLE CUSTODIAL SENTENCE UNDER U.K. LAW
- Your mix must be original, and provided solely for the purposes of Kl Radio and “In the Mix”, unless agreed in advance
- We request that your submitted sets SHOULD NOT be uploaded to your Mixcloud, Soundcloud, etc accounts, until AFTER the set has been aired on KL Radio. The intention is to provide a platform for original content, which has not already been shared on the internet.
- We will share your sets widely on all of our associated social media platforms once the mix has been broadcast, and you have uploaded it to Mixcloud etc – we operate an ethos of ‘Listen, Like, Share, Listen Again’ to open you up to as many listeners and followers as possible
- You MUST NOT promote any other radio stations or streaming channels, during your set – you can however promote your own Facebook Page, Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Twitch, etc occasionally throughout
Do I need to use a microphone?
We encourage use of the microphone during a pre-recorded set to give it a ‘live’ feel for listeners – this is not essential, but does create a higher quality listening experience.
It also helps to keep listeners engaged during your set – we recommend it, but if it’s not your thing, try using DJ drops instead
DJ drops? Where do I get them?
We will provide you with a link to a Dropbox folder containing specific DJ drops relating to KL Radio, which we would request that you use selectively during your set, to promote KL Radio and “In The Mix”
If you wish to get your own personalised DJ drops done, we can provide suggestions on content, but cannot provide the drops themselves
How do I submit my mix?
- We will also send you a Dropbox file request for you to submit your mix – please name the file as follows:
- DJ Name > Set Name > Genre(s) > Agreed Broadcast Date & Time
- Pre-recorded mixes can also be submitted by WeTransfer using the same file-naming format as above, and in MP3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE YOUR BROADCAST SLOT
- Please also send us any promo artwork (at least 1600 px x 1600 px) and some info on your DJ background, for us to use for promotion on social media
What happens if I don't submit a mix?
- If you cannot fulfil your booking, you must notify us by email at least 24 hours in advance, to allow us time to arrange a replacement
- If you fail to provide mixes on two occasions, you will no longer be considered for future time-slots
These shows are produced in association with: